Mt. Airy USA (MAUSA) welcomes applications from individuals interested in gaining exposure to the field of community development. We are currently seeking to fill the position of Real Estate Development Manager.
MAUSA’s Real Estate department initially focused on acquisition and rehabilitation of neglected commercial storefronts along Germantown Avenue, transforming them into income-producing properties currently owned and operated by local neighborhood merchants.. Today the department works on a range of neighborhood infrastructure projects as well as residential and mixed-use development projects.
The Real Estate Development Manager will be responsible for leading and managing MAUSA’s various infrastructure and real estate projects and will report directly to the Executive Director. Duties related to this position include:
Real Estate Development
- Oversee and manage MAUSA real estate projects from planning through to completion including such activities as:
- Creation of concept plans and project viability analysis.
- Creation of project financial models.
- Coordination with architects, general contractors, and outside project management firms.
- Managing the acquisition and disposition processes for project properties and parcels.
- Source and work with potential development partners.
- Oversee and manage securing sources of funding related to MAUSA real estate projects, including activities such as:
- Working with lenders and completing loan applications
- Sourcing and securing needed grant funding, in coordination with MAUSA’s Development function, for projects under development.
- Explore additional means of bringing capital to MAUSA real estate development projects including the creation of a Mt. Airy real estate development equity fund.
- Oversee and coordinate with project subcontractors.
- Develop and maintain project schedules.
- Work with MAUSA accounting function to track and report on project related expenditures.
- Oversee leasing of vacant MAUSA owned properties, evaluate rental rates, manage and negotiate terms and conditions of lease agreements.
- Coordinate with MAUSA accounting function to ensure rent collections.
- Coordinate with MAUSA communications function to create marketing plans for existing spaces and upcoming projects.
- Oversee regular property maintenance and capital projects.
- Oversee and manage compliance issues with MAUSA loan portfolio.
- Manage part-time staffers who assists with lease management and property maintenance.
- Assist with grant writing as needed.
- Reporting on MAUSA real estate activities relevant stakeholders.
- Networking with the local and regional real estate development community.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2 to 5 years experience working in Real Estate development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent school/work experience
- Demonstrated success with managing and developing real estate development and (or) neighborhood infrastructure projects
- Detail oriented with strong communication skills
Interested Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Sarajane Blair: firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify “Real Estate Development Manager” in the subject line.
Mt. Airy USA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.